Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Damn, Time Flies

I've been letting the blog down. I know this. I should write more, but, the simple fact is, I've been so wiped out with getting Frankenstein on it's feet, I didn't have much energy to blog. It's kinda ridiculous. I keep thinking there's going to be some glorious, golden moment in a few weeks when I'll have some free time to read, or work on music. Some time when I won't feel the pressure of my commitments.

Not bloody likely.

I'm into a Meisner scene study class now, and I was ecstatic to find out I'd be working on David Mamet's Speed the Plow. Anyone who knows me knows I love Mamet, and what you may not know is that, aside from a directing assignment where I put up a one act cutting of American Buffalo (a REALLY stupid decision on my part - never try to direct a play you really just want to be in), I have NEVER worked on a Mamet play.

But Goddamn, it's a lot of words.

On top of that, Pygmalion is on the horizon and moving in fast. Had a meeting with our dialect coach last night, and I have to start on lines for that, as well as getting the cockney in my head. I'm feeling very wary of this project. I'm not overly sure why. It's a great part, funny and lovely dialogue.

But Goddamn, it's a lot of words.

I also am feeling very, very much like I want to get back to working on my recording projects. It's been so long since I've felt like I could work on them, I may be at a point where I need to "burn the ships" again. I have one solid track done, I think (two different versions, even), and a lot of great songs starting to gel. I just find that, often, when I lose my track on where I am, and what my thought process was, it's best to chuck it all and start over.

That's why I have a home studio, isn't it? Don't cost nothin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment