Thursday, August 27, 2009

Birthday presents...and other musings.

I'm excited by my lovely wife's gifts to me on my 38th (ugh!).

I'm re-reading my new copy of Star Trek Memories by William Shatner. Easily my favorite book about Star Trek, and the new printing is very, very snazzy. Hopefully a new edition of Star Trek Movie Memories will be forthcoming.

The whole think is, rightly, from Shatner's perspective, and he's an engaging storyteller. Though, I'm certain that "co-writer" Chris Kreski actually wrote most of the book. The stories are entertaining, and he's honest and direct about his poor relations with the rest of the cast, as well as his befuddlement at their hatered of him. A fun read.

I'm also REALLY excited about my new Bone: One Volume Edition, by Jeff Smith. The book is HUGE, well over 1000 pages, and containing the entirety of Smith's comic book/graphic novel masterpiece. Not something I'll be hauling on the train, but I'm gonna try to read a chapter or two every night before bed. I'm kind of ashamed I haven't read this before now, as it truly is a classic, and I've found myself laughing out loud on a number of occasions.

Also got a number of DVDs and Blu-Rays, especially cool is For All Mankind, Al Reinert's amazing documentry on the moon landings. I'm so excited to watch this in Hi-Def. New Torchwood and Doctor Who to watch, as well.

In other news, first night of actual rehearsals for Plans 1-8 from Outer Space last night. Of course, I hurt myself. I think I bruised a rib on my right side.

*sigh*

Just figures, right?

Short weeks always go slower, don't they? We're wrapped up for Plans 1-8 this week, but I have the "Trekkie Play" workshops on Saturday and Sunday. Lots of stuff going on, and I feel really tired. The crap with the ribs doesn't help, sucks the energy right out of me. LOL!

Need to get back to working out. Seriously, nothng like going to LA to make you feel out of shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment