Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I like this quote...

"I’m not an actor who will sit there and say “My character wouldn’t do that.” “Okay, we’ll get somebody else.” My character does whatever helps tell the story, and if I can’t make it real, then I’ll figure out why I can’t make it real. But usually there’s a way to figure out how to make it real."
-Harrison Ford

I have such trouble with Harrison right now, but I want to believe. This quote stuck out to me, because it sounded like the Ford of the old days, the craftsman who just made things work, without muss or fuss. He came and played the role professionally and with a minimum of actor-bullshit.

Sometimes I have such problems with what I do. I see people make it so much harder than it needs to be. Who put up walls between themselves and the performance...in essence, they make it harder on themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment