Friday, December 10, 2010

Ahh....It is Friday

And thank God for that. It has been a long week for me, and, as a reward, I've got a 3-day weekend coming up. Yeah, I took Monday off, because I'm going to see The Sword play Sunday night, and it's sure to be a late one, as the show doesn't even start until 9:00, and there are (I think) two openers.

I saw them open for Metallica a couple of years ago, also in the midst of a deep freeze. Yeah, supposedly temperatures around here are going to plunge on Sunday night. Joy on that. I got fairly sick after that Metallica show, and my intention is not to repeat that.

Should be OK. Far easier (and cheaper) to get a cab from The Metro to our place, than from all the way out in Rosemont. That's the plan, in my mind, at this moment.

The Sword is one of those bands that rose to mainstream prominence on the back of Guitar Hero. I believe it was the first, or maybe second game that included the track Freya, off their first album, Age of Winters. I really liked that track. When I'm asked to describe their sound, I've found myself using "they sound like Black Sabbath crossed with Thin Lizzy." I think that's pretty accurate for the latest album, Warp Riders, which I've talked about on this blog before.

I think it's fun that the new record is an honest-to-God concept record, and the three videos they are releasing will form a trilogy. The first two have been released.

Tres Brujas



Lawless Lands




Yeah, yeah it's all sci-fi and stuff, so of course, I think it's awesome.

Can't wait to see the show.

Still thinking and considering on the recording upgrade. I spent some time looking at the Tascam 2488 NEO's owner's manual. So cool you can find this stuff on line these days. I see the package is back in stock, now...

Arrgh. I just don't know what to do. I really don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment