Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Arkham City Release Day

I've been excited about today for a while, maybe not as excited as I was about September 16th, but pretty close.

Tonight I'll be playing the sequel to my favorite video game, ever. Sure, it's just a game, but with the mood I've been in lately, I can use a little fun. So, Batman: Arkham City is a very welcome thing, right now. Especially since the reviews have been mainly on the positive side.

Re-strung my Les Paul last night, with heavier gage strings (11s, if you want details). I tried out heavier strings a few months back, mainly because I found out Slash plays with that gage, and I thought I'd give it a try. My last re-string went back to very light strings, just because that's what I had on hand, but now I have several sets of the heavier ones.

I have to say, I really do like playing with the heavier strings, especially on the Les. The tuning feels more stable, for one thing, and the action is just tighter. I've been playing so much acoustic lately (hello Bus Stop!), that the light strings just felt a bit loose.

Although, I did spend some time on Saturday playing around with some other guitars. I dunno, maybe I'll trade in/trade up, but I know it won't be until December, at least. I'm still paying off the 24-track unit. I really do think there's some magic in the store, that makes all guitars sound better than when you get them home.

I am still wrestling with the feeling of sadness that I vomited all over the blog yesterday. Sometimes, it really does help to just get things out, but sometimes I wonder if it isn't just self-indulgent. The reality is, probably a little of both.

What's the options, anyway? You just keep pushing through, as much as you can. Take the depressed feelings, accept the mistakes you've made, and look for the next mountain to climb. I've got a few things lined up, theatre-wise, and I am putting the next CD/album on the front burner again. I have too much music "in progress," and not enough "finished."

It's time to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment