Monday, October 24, 2011

Case of the Mondos

I am not having the best day. I feel tired and cranky, not to mention a bit...um..."out of phase," for lack of a better term. I just can't get the engine to turn over.

I've been reading a lot of plays recently. Usually that process is fairly monotonous, with flashes of brilliance that make me excited to carry on with it. Unfortunately, the flashes of brilliance have been few and far between recently. If nothing else, I'm picking up things not to do when I get back to the word processor, myself.

And I think that's going to happen. I've finally got a pretty good idea, and with some encouragement from a cast-mate, I think I may actually be able to get back to putting my nose to the grindstone. Of course, with the specter of the new CD hanging there, I probably don't really need to be splitting my energies.

That said, I did get some work done over the weekend. Another guitar track recorded. I'm...pretty happy with it, I guess. Oh, hell, I'm never really "happy" with my work. I'm just this side of a hack, I know that. That said, what I need to do is just FINISH A FUCKING SONG, or two, even.

Mondays never used to get to me this much.

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote out the outline to my NEXT show. Now, if only people were seeing THIS show, there might be a NEXT show, but still...

    I didn't think I was going to write it either. But now that ball is rolling, even though I want to get back to drawing my dumb comics and working on the Goons. Speaking of:

    http://www.tunecore.com/widgets/show/76600

    NEW ALBUM!

    ReplyDelete