Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Comic Day 10.14.2009

Ah, here we are again, my friends...Looks like another blessedly "light" week.

Batman #691

Written by Judd Winick
Art by Mark Bagley and Rob Hunter
Cover by Tony Daniel

Winick and Bagley's last issue, then Tony Daniel comes back in doing double duty, writing and art. I've liked this story, with Two-Face (my favorite Batman villain) taking an interest in what, exactly is going on with Batman. Winick can be rather annoying and pedantic, but I've always enjoyed his Batman tales. I always hate to see Bagley go, but he's off to JLA, so I'm ok with it.

Blackest Night: Batman #3

Written by Peter J. Tomasi
Art by Ardian Syaf and John Dell
Cover by Andy Kubert
Variant cover by Bill Sienkiewicz

I generally run like mad from event series tie-ins. However, the first two issues of this mini were staring up at me, and I found it interesting at a glance, so I picked them up. Glad I did. Tomasi has crafted a tight little story of how the rising dead has impacted upon Gotham City. He's hit the right notes with the reactions of Alfred, Dick Grayson, Tim Drake and the rest of the Batman "family" to the apparent theft of Bruce Wayne's body.

Red Robin #5

Written by Chris Yost
Art by Ramon Bachs
Cover by Francis Manapul

Still the "odd man out" of the Batman line. I gotta say, the idea that Tim Drake is teamed up with Ra's Al Guhl to search from Bruce Wayne is pretty friggin' genius. I still enjoy Tim as a character, and this never gets too far out of character to justify the series, which is great. I still waiver on it, mainly because it is way out in left field, but I think I'll hang in.

No comments:

Post a Comment