Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Ache...

Seriously, my legs hurt.

Let's see...productive day. My written proposal for Stage Left's next season is done. Now, I just have to scan the script, and get it sent out to everyone. I like this show a lot, and I hope some other folks can see the potential in it.

I'll be at the preview tonight, running box office. Last minute drop-in to cover a little mistake that left us with no one scheduled tonight. Gotta admit I'd rather be going home. I've got "leg aches" like you wouldn't believe right at the moment.

I've finished up a couple of graphic novels recently.

The Rocketeer: The Complete Collection

by Dave Stevens

Which is just absolutely gorgeous. No one touched Stevens for period detail and just exceptional draftsmanship. His images just pop with vivid life, and the story is pure, pulp adventure. The movie from the 90's was fantastic, but here's where you mainline the real deal. Just joyous.

Hell, Doc Savage and the Shadow both make uncredited supporting appearances.

Scott Pilgrim Vol 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

by Brian Lee O'Malley

Which is sort of just the opposite, sketchy, quick drawings that also carry a vivid life. While Stevens was reaching into the pulp novels of the 30's, O'Malley jumps head-first into the video-game culture of the 90's. With all the anime-influence that would suggest. Can't wait to read the next 5 volumes, and follow Scott's battles with his girlfriend's 7 evil ex-boyfriends...

Yeah, it's that kind of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment