Friday, March 12, 2010

It's late Friday, weekend pending...

But I managed to post every day this week. Which is good for my sense of accomplishment, if nothing else.

However, as we wrap up the week, I find myself looking toward a weekend with a lot of activity.

Let's get caught up;

First, I managed to get cast in something this week, Sun, Stand Thou Still with Ka-Tet theatre. It's a smaller part, but pretty juicy and fun. I've never really cared about the size of the role, as long as it had fun, challenging things for me. I think this one fits the bill.

Plus, I'm just happy as hell to have a show again. We start the first week in April, so I have a little time to myself before then.

Well, not really...

I'm working on a little project with my buddy, Zach Bosteel, and I'm fairly excited about it. We've got a first-draft script, and I'm going to be making some changes, expanding and correcting, well, tonight, actually. I'm planning to head home, hit the exercise bike for a little bit, and then go find a nice diner to eat and write. If I feel I'm wearing out my welcome, I'll be packing off to a coffee shop, or something.

I've been hesitant to talk about this project at all, because, in the past, I've seen things like this ALMOST happen, and then get scuttled, for any number of reasons. However, I grow more confident about this with every passing day. Zach and I seem to be very much on the same page at this point, and...hell...the script is actually "finished."

(meaning, it exists....revisions pending.)

If I can get this done tonight, which I don't think will be a problem, then tomorrow becomes about 2 things...Laundry and music. I've got the drum track sitting there, new strings on the Les Paul, and I'm ready to see what I can make happen. The laundry has to be done tomorrow, because I'm working box office for Here Where It's Safe on Saturday night, and then more season selection hi-jinxs on Sunday morning.

Laundry is usually a Sunday morning thing...but I'll be in a room talking about what we're going to do for the next nine months.

(Wow. I'm starting to ramble.)

I decided today that I needed a break from my day job, so I took one of my precious floater holidays and am using it on Monday. So, three-day weekend for me. It's gonna be nice to have an extra day, and I expect I'll be working on music a lot that day.

also have some movies I've wanted to see...I'm hoping I can find time for that, too. Maybe Sunday night?

No comments:

Post a Comment