Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New Comic Day 9.15.2010

Huh....

I don't really even know what to do with a week wherein I only have one new book. I mean, other than "my wallet thanks you."

Brightest Day #10

Written by GEOFF JOHNS & PETER J. TOMASI
Art by IVAN REIS, PATRICK GLEASON,
ARDIAN SYAF, SCOTT CLARK & JOE PRADO
Covers by DAVID FINCH
1:10 Variant covers by IVAN REIS

The resurrected have discovered their purpose for being back, but where will the knowledge lead them? Who is the new Aqualad? And what strange event is taking place around the White Power Battery in New Mexico?

Y'know, I seem to have bitched a lot about this series. I mean, it's dragging. A Lot. I thought it was a mini-series, but, looking at the DC website, we have issues up to #14 with no end in sight.

Sad.

DC, let me talk straight. This was a 4-issues mini-series that would've been fantastic. I'd even give you a 6-issue. Tight, action-packed, and propulsive. What it is in it's current state is just dull. Ambling along like it's going out for groceries. The plotline is so spread out and nothing seems to have any dramatic traction. When I do get interested, you just cut away to something that isn't. The Hawkworld stuff was very cool to start with, but it's completely run out of steam. Dead/Liveman with Hawk and Dove just seems to be flitting around like a, Jesus I'm gonna say it, leaf on the wind.

I hope to God I haven't stumbled into the middle of another year-long bi-weekly, because this is not worth it. Not worth my time, energy, or dollars. I've committed this far, so if it's gonna wrap up in another few issues, fine, but if you intend to just keep dragging it out, I'm done.

Need to do some research on that.

4 comments:

  1. Ummm, this is a year-long bi-weekly. 26 issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Deadman...

    Oh, God. *sigh* Well, at least that's $6 less per month.

    There's good plot stuff, here, and I love Johns, but man...Blackest Night felt powerful, smashed through and was done...

    This just lies there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do swear, when this was announced it was an 8 issue mini.

    ReplyDelete