Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Slow News Day

So, Yeah...

It's Tuesday. Not much more to say about that. Rehearsal tonight, and it looks like the rest of the week off until Sunday.

I'm using lunch breaks to work on lines. I'm making my way, slowly, but I'm making my way.

Generally speaking, it's a slow news day here. I've been hitting the usual haunts for something to spark the noggin, but, man...

Nothin'.

We did have the big, new C2E2 convention in town over the weekend. I did not go. I thought about it, getting a day pass for Saturday, but, in the end, I just saved that money I would've dropped for SDCC. It's so fantastic to have a major comic con in Chicago again, instead of that raging failure Wizard has been shoveling out. I will be a regular starting next year, that's for certain. As long as the convention continues.

The professional response has been pretty good. My understanding is that the crowds felt light, but, honestly, I've also heard the main room was huge, with full-length windows letting in daylight from all sides. In an environment where most cons take place in rooms that pretty closely resemble warehouses, that kind of "open air" feel could do a lot to counteract the oppressive feeling.

It's kinda sad that so many conventions feel like you're cattle being herded that, when one doesn't, things feel "off."

But again, I didn't go. I have no first-hand experience.

Kinda wish I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment