Friday, April 9, 2010

Working Toward the Weekend.

Ah, Friday...You can be a cruel bitch.

Facing yet another weekend where the plate fills up fast. All good stuff, to be sure, but, man, I still yearn for a weekend where I don't have to see a show, or go to a meeting. I've been getting really excited about working on music, and my time seems oh-so limited for it.

I don't know if it's reading the Slash autobiography, or the music I've been listening to recently, but I've been feeling confident with the guitar lately. I feel inspired. Just this morning on the train, I hit upon what I think is a really cool idea, and something I've never done before. A cover, but with the full guitar/bass/drums sound. I did Freelove Freeway on early pressings (HA!) of my Hourglass 34 disk, but that was just me and an acoustic. It was also mainly a joke. (The Ballad of Serenity Valley was a second thought...LOL)

This would be more of a serious attempt. With a concept for attacking it that fits into the whole idea behind the tenor of tracks I'm working on, now. If it doesn't work, no fear...You'll never hear about it again.

Anyway, there will be some time for music this weekend, I think. Tonight we're taking in The Plagiarists' The Wreck of the Medusa.



Tomorrow we'll be heading out for Ryan M's belated birthday celebration, including Hello, Again with Bohemian Theatre Ensemble.



Sunday is yet another Stage Left meeting. Adding in the general tasks of grocery shopping and laundry, that ought to leave me some time Saturday during the day, and Sunday evening to play a bit.

Still, who knows? Best laid plans, and all that...

First week of Sun, Stand Thou Still is in the can, and I'm having a pretty good time. Last night was table work, and I think the entire company learned that I am one of those people who can just run on at the mouth when I get to thinking about things. Next week is very, very lean, for me, I'm only in on Monday night for a one-on-one session with our director. That's nice, but also a challenge. It's a long time to be away from it, and then jump back in the following week. I also really need to get down to business with the script. It's not a huge part, but there are pretty dense, fast-paced (at least in my mind, for what that's worth) sections, that I really would like to get in my head as soon as possible.

I pre-ordered Splinter Cell: Conviction for my Xbox this week, and it ought to be in my hands Tuesday evening...I'm jazzed.



Splinter Cell
is, in a lot of ways, the game that really got me into video games. It was certainly my first "obsessive" game, where I just couldn't stop playing, and I've been waiting a long time for the new game. It looks great, to my eyes, with the stealth gameplay (the game series was based more around not being detected, rather than killing everything in sight, though that was always an option) now being mixed with what looks to be a much faster paced game engine. In any case, I'm very excited to put Sam Fisher through his paces again, complete with that fantastic Michael Ironside voice work...

Also very excited about the announcement yesterday that Rush is going back on the road this summer.



I love Rush with a great deal of passion. It's gonna be a heck of a juggle to get the financials worked out to make it happen (the SDCC costs are always on the horizon, but they're playing July 5th in Chicago at the Charter One Pavilion, which is very close to downtown. For once, I won't have to drive all the way out to Tinley Park, I can just take the train, so that's a bonus.

Well, almost lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment