Friday, May 21, 2010

The Comic Book Project Revealed

Ok, I know it's not as exciting as the massive production of Cherrywood that David Cromer is directing, but I got permission from the fantastic artist I've partnered with, Zach Bosteel, to share with my readers the cover of our comic book project, Steel City Serenade.

It's a .jpeg copy of the original .pdf, so forgive the slight blurriness.



I really love what Zach did here. It's a great cover image.

This will be a 12-page "zero" issue. At this point, Zach has finished the pencils and inks, and the pages look good. He's planning to make up some ashcan editions to take to Kids Read Comics, a free event in Dearborn, Michigan on June 12th and 13th. I can't attend due to theatre commitments, but if you go, look for Zach, and ask him for a copy.

The plan is to have a short, professional printing run for Zach and I to take to the San Diego Comic Con in July. We won't have a booth, or anything, but I plan to hand out every last copy I take, free of charge. So, if you happen to run into us, (y'know, if we stand out in the crowds of 125,000) just ask, and he, or I, will drop one on you.

As for the future. The plan is to explore digital distribution, and also having reasonable print runs. Zach is really big on digital comics, I know he's right about that, but I'm pretty much a Luddite, I like the paper in my hands. I just finished a first draft for issue #1 last night, so, pending re-writes, things are proceeding really quite well.

I'm really excited, to tell you the truth. I've always wanted to try my hand at scripting comics, and I almost can't believe I'll be able to hold a comic book, with my name on it, in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment