Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's tech week and I feel random...

In comics:

Ryan Choi Was killed off this week in a Titans Comic

Who's Ryan Choi? I'm even a DC fan!!

WHO'S RYAN CHOI!?!?!

In Music:

YOSO Headquarters

So, I'm just gonna quote the press release...

The term “Super-Group” can only describe the formation of two of the most creative and musical legendary bands of the past 30 years into the new band YOSO. Formed out of TOTO’s brilliant vocalist Bobby Kimball and the creative force of YES members, Tony Kaye and Billy Sherwood, it does indeed equal the magic of YES with the voice of TOTO. However, YOSO is much more than a combination of two classic rock groups. YOSO has combined their musical talents to produce an album of new music.

My favorite thing in this release? "the creative force of YES members..." Which is this great press release line that you can kinda read as saying that Kaye and Sherwood were the creative force of yes, but really just says that they, themselves, have creative force to apply. Clever, that.

Also...Jesus, really? You, former members of YES and TOTO, actually decided to form a band and name it "YOSO?" On what level is that a good idea? I mean, I'll be honest, this could be a good album. It really could. Toto and Yes were both highly talented bands, and I wouldn't talk crap about anybody who could work at that level.

But come on...

That name is just a naked "ride on past glories" move, and, worse than that...It's stupid! It's not even an obvious naked cash grab. I mean, if I saw a CD with "YOSO" on the front cover, the first thing I'd think is that's it's some world-music thing. I certainly wouldn't think, "hey, that's Yes and Toto pushed together like some sort of word find!"

Oh well...To each his own.

Ahh...Ryan Choi was the "new" Atom.



I guess that goes to show you how successful THAT reboot was. Well, God bless ya, Ryan...you gave us 25 months of superhero entertainment. Well, not me, but I guess you gave somebody 25 months of superhero entertainment. Not even John Byrne art could generate interest...I mean, save you.

God bless you, Ryan Choi, you did all the ill-fated replacement heroes proud. Perhaps, like Bart Allen, they'll de-age you back to a teenager and make you a sidekick again....or, for the first time, I guess.

Electron? Proton? Ion? (no...that one's taken) Oh...never mind.

Ryan Choi, WE SALUTE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment